Basil has been used around the world for centuries with good reason – it adds a delicious depth of flavor that cannot be matched by other herbs.
Origin & use: Indian herb mostly used in continental cuisine
Ideal growing condition: Grows best in warm temperature and bright light
Crop life: Annual herb with sensitivity to cold temperature
Speciality: Growth of plant reflects wealth of business/house according to vastu
Plant Care Details
- Basil needs a warm and sunny spot to thrive. Six to eight hours of direct sunlight and Temperatures around 21°C are perfect, but you have some flexibility with the temperature. Plants will germinate from 5-10 days.
- Basil is picky about water.To know if you should add water to your pot, stick your finger down into the soil about up to the second knuckle. If the soil feels dryish, add water.
- It is important to pinch your basil back often for it to grow bushy instead of tall and lanky. Start pinching from the time it is about 4 inches tall, taking off the top leaves.
- SOWING TIME : Throughout the year
- PLANT CHARACTER : Erect and Bushy with small to medium leaves, Rich in aroma
- LEAF CHARACTER :Green and thick
- HARVEST:30-35 days from sowing